Yackandandah Folk Festival Opening Parade of Flamboyant Feathers! Get ready to shake a tail feather on Friday the 22nd March 2019.
· 3.00-4.30pm Partial Closure of High Street begins with the section between William and Wellsford Sts being closed to all traffic. This will gradually extend up to Kars St by 9pm Friday and remain closed to all except emergency vehicles until 6pm Sunday the 24th March. See Indigo Shire website for full details re road closures.
· 4:30pm face painters will be along the High Street.
· 6:15pm – Official Opening and Welcome to Country with a smoking ceremony will take place at the Festival Street Stage, (opposite Klimt).
· 6:30pm students in full costume are to assemble for the Parade! This year we will be assembling in front of the Yackandandah CFA for the Opening Parade.
· 6:45pm the High Street Shufflers will lead the parade, down the High Street to finish at the Village Green in front of the Indigo Shire Office and Library building.
· The Parade will conclude with a drumming finale by Yackandandah Primary School’s 5/6 students.
· Parents please collect your ‘little birds’ from the Village Green before following the High Street Shufflers back down to the Festival Street Stage for the Bush Dance!
For your information, the approximate order of the parade will be:
- The High Street Shufflers Band
- Yackandandah Kindergarten
- Middle Indigo Primary School
- Wooragee Primary School
- Yackandandah Primary School
- Osbornes Flat Primary School