Buskers are welcome throughout our festival but we can’t emphasise enough that we’d like to hear acoustic performances ie. portable amplifiers are discouraged. It is a folk festival after all!
For the super keen, we encourage you to be part of the Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
The Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
11am – 1pm Sunday
The Buskers Comp has two sections: Under 15 and an Open section.
But what do I have to do? That’s a good question.
- Roll up Saturday morning to the Festival Office to register (no cost involved). Registrations are between 9.30am and 10.30am Sunday, so don’t muck about.
- When you register you’ll be given a time slot at one of the nominated busking points around town.
- At your allocated time you will have 15 minutes (three songs) to work the crowd, work the space, strut your stuff and impress the judges.
- There will be Judges at each buskers point who will make a decision about who has made it to the final.
- Finalists will be announced at 4pm at The Street Stage. All finalists will then perform their best song/ act and the panel of judges will make a final decision.
- There will be Prizes to be won, fame and fortune to follow! First prize being a free ticket to next years festival and a spot on the program.
Official Buskers points for the Street Urchins Buskers Comp will be on the Festival map.