Buskers are welcome throughout our festival but we can’t emphasise enough that we’d like to hear acoustic performances ie. portable amplifiers are discouraged. It is a folk festival after all!
For the super keen, we encourage you to be part of the Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
The Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
11am – 1pm Sunday
The Buskers Comp has two sections: Under 15 and an Open section.
But what do I have to do? That’s a good question.
- Registrations are outside the Festival Office (no cost involved).
- Registrations are:
- Saturday 23rd March: 11am – 12 midday
- Sunday 24th March: 9am – 10am, sharp
- When you register, you’ll be given a time slot to perform at the nominated busking comp point which this year, is located on the footpath outside the Star Hotel opposite the festival ticket office in High Street.
- At your allocated time you will have 15 minutes (three songs) to work the crowd, work the space, strut your stuff and impress the judges.
- Competition will take place between 11am and 1pm on Sunday the 24th March 2019. There will be Judges at the busker’s point who will make a decision about who has won this year’s competition shortly after its conclusion.
- There will be Prizes to be won, fame and fortune to follow! First prize being a free ticket to next years festival and a spot on the program.
Please read the Conditions of Entry for more details.