What’s on this Friday 23rd March 2018
4:00pm Professional face painter and Beechworth Secondary College students will be positioned along the High Street. We are encouraging all parade participants to have their faces painted in blue/green hues!
6:15pm All Parade participants are to assemble opposite the Bottom Pub/Gordon Dixon Gallery wearing their ‘water wise’ inspired costumes…please walk with your teacher/parent helpers! Wear something blue-green – anything with a little splash of another colour is absolutely fine! Please note that High Street will be closed to all traffic from 4pm.
6:30pm A local brass band, the High Street Shufflers, will lead the parade, followed by Yackandandah Kindergarten, four local schools (Middle Indigo PS, Osborne’s Flat PS, Wooragee PS and Yackandandah PS) and any interested community groups. The parade will walk up the High Street, turn around in front of the Memorial Gardens and finish at the Festival Street Stage, in front of Klimt.
6:45pm The parade will conclude with a drumming performance by Grade 5/6 students from Yackandandah Primary School, followed by any official opening announcements and the Bush Dance!
Parents are asked to collect their children when the parade finishes at the Festival Street Stage. Teachers and parent helpers are not responsible for supervision of students during the Bush Dance. For more information contact Caz Doyle: 0400 169 041.
- High Street will be closed to traffic from 4.00pm on Friday.
- If you or your children are participating in the parade, please wear hues of blue or green, with a splash of colour!
- If you are a parent accompanying a young child, please also wear blue-green clothes.
- Meet on the High Street opposite the Bottom Pub/Gordon Dixon Gallery at 6:15pm to assemble for the start of the parade at 6:30pm.
- The Parade will go up High St, to the intersection of High & Wellsford Sts, and back down ending at The Street Stage, where there will be a musical performance by Yackandandah Primary School students, and the official launch for the 21st Festival.
- A Welcome to Country and Bush Dance will follow directly after the parade is completed. We encourage everyone to stay and join in.
- Parents, please collect children from the area in front of The Street Stage.