Buskers are welcome throughout our festival but we can’t emphasise enough that we’d like to hear acoustic performances ie. portable amplifiers are discouraged. It is a folk festival after all!
For the super keen, we encourage you to be part of the Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
The Street Urchins Buskers Comp.
The Buskers Comp has two sections: Under 15 and an Open section.
But what do I have to do? That’s a good question.
- Roll up Saturday morning to the Festival Office to register (no cost involved). Registrations is between 9-11am, so don’t muck about. When you register you’ll be given a time slot at one of the nominated busking points around town.
- At your allocated time you will have 15 minutes (three songs) to work the crowd, work the space, strut your stuff and impress the judges.
- There will be Judges at each buskers point who will make a decision about who has made it to the final.
- Finalists will be announced at 4pm at The Street Stage. All finalists will then perform their best song/ act and the panel of judges will make a final decision.
- There will be Prizes to be won, fame and fortune to follow! First prize being a free ticket to next years festival and a spot on the 2018 program.
Official Buskers points for the Street Urchins Buskers Comp will be on the Festival map.