Our aims for the Yackandandah Folk Festival are:
- For everyone involved to have fun;
- To promote music-based community expression;
- To improve the quality of community life;
- To be inclusive of all members of the community to engender a feeling of community involvement;
- To create an on going festival that reflects the priorities and values of the community.
To achieve these aims we will:
- provide a wide range of entertainment (music, song, dance, poetry, literature, theatre, film, visual arts and food) that reflects a commitment to the preservation and development of the folk culture, as it is known in Australia and overseas.
- provide a showcase for the talents of local people involved in artistic and cultural activities that promote community expression or development of the folk culture.
- ensure that the festival is family-friendly by keeping costs low, providing a range of entertainment to accommodate the needs of all age groups and providing facilities that are safe.
- actively encourage the participation of all interested community groups and individuals both as organisers and performers.
- return any financial profits to the Yackandandah Folk Festival for funding future festivals
- endeavour to make the festival an annual event that will contribute to community confidence in the future of this region